Forscher Technology Solutions provides Netapp 7-Mode training program that delivers the knowledge requirements to perform day-to-day management operations in enterprise environments built on Netapp Filers and Ontap operating system, within your own or your customer’s organization. The training is delivered by Subject Matter Experts currently managing, landscapes in real time environments. The course and its contents are developed by subject matter experts and solution Architects, who deliver the solutions to Fortune 500 and Top-Notch MNCs around the globe.
Target Audience and Pre-requisites:
The training course is designed for candidates with no prior storage management experience to experienced Storage Managers. There are no pre-requisites for this training. All trainings are designed and developed from the ground up, training experts specifically to cater, candidates of all technical back grounds.
Fast Track – 5 Days
Normal Track – 4 to 5 weekends
Corporates – Custom configured per Client requirements and modules required
Module 1: Basics of Storage Hardware
- Basics of SAN and NAS Technologies and their usage in enterprise environments from an Architect’s perspective
- Choosing the right platform – SAN versus NAS, File level Storage versus Block level storage
- Unified storage platforms
- Basics of Storage Hardware
- Disks – SATA, SCSI or SDD
- RAID – Commonly used RAID levels in SAN and NAS
- Protocols – Fiber Channel, FCoE iSCSI, NFS, CIFS
- SFP and Optic Cables
- Understanding the purpose of HBA and its application in IT infrastructure
- Virtualization – In SAN, NAS, Networking and Servers.
Module 2: Fiber Channel 101
- Why do we need a switch in a Storage Network Environment?
- Understanding Fiber Channel topologies
- Fiber Channel – Protocols, Layers and components
- How important are WWPN and WWNN numbers in the SAN environments
- “Zoning”, “Masking” – What is and why
- Understanding Hard Zoning versus Soft Zoning versus Mixed Zoning
- Understanding Brocade and Cisco, Fiber Channel switches
- Models and Components of a FC Switch
- Managing a Brocade Silk Worm switch
- Virtualization of a Fiber Channel Switch
- How to upgrade a FC switch in clustered environments
*Lab Activity – Performing management and maintenance on a Brocade Fiber Channel switch
Module 3: Netapp Hardware and its Design Components
- Hardware layout on a NAS filer from Netapp
- Major Differences between Filer models from earliest models to a FAS8000 series
- IN-depth Analysis of Netapp Hardware and its built-in components
- Understanding the Netapp Hardware from an Administrator’s perspective.
- Choosing the right Disk Shelf: SATA versus SAS.
Module 4: Netapp Data Ontap OS
- What is Data Ontap?
- Scale-up Versus Scale-out Architecture on Storage sub-systems
- Using Ontap from an Administrator’s perspective
- Creating and Manipulating Raid Group, Aggregate, Volume and Qtrees from GUI and CLI.
- RAID groups, Disk Shelves and Disk management
- Protocols used in Netapp Filers: NFS, CIFS, iSCSI.
- Igroups, Quotas and their management.
- Major differences between 7-mode and C-mode
- High Availability in 7-Mode and C-Mode
- Managing Takeover and Giveback in a Clustered Environment
- Using Netapp in Windows, Linux and UNIX environments
Module 5: Netapp backup strategies
- Snapshot manipulation – Creation, management and restoration.
Module 5: Data Ontap and its related Softwares:
- Licensing in Netapp Environment
- Using Snap drive and Snap manager
- Installing the Data Fabric Manager (DFM)
- Installing On command system Manager
- Managing the filer from OSM console
- Setting up DFM/OSM Clients and SNMP trap management
- Understanding and using Thin Client environment
- De-duplication in Ontap
Module 6: Vfiler and Virtualization in Netapp
- Understanding Virtualization on a Netapp Filer.
- Why Vfilers?
- Creating and Managing a Vfiler.
- Starting and Stopping Vfilers
- Assigning resources to a Vfiler
- Disaster Recovery and Vfiler’s Role
Module 7: Ontap, Disk Shelf, RLM, SP, ACP, BIOS and disk firmware upgrades:
- Choosing the right firmware for your environment
- Carefully planning for the upgrade
- Dos and Don’ts during upgrades.
Module 8: Netapp trouble shooting and performance analysis for the experience Administrators
- Creating, Understanding and Analyzing the Perfstat and Latx from Netapp.
- Understanding Netapp Hardware Universe
- IOPS and performance issues related to Network bottle necks, Disk Management and Software limitations
- Tweaking the environment for best performance
- Working with Netapp from end user perspective
- Common Errors in everyday in Netapp Administration
*Modules 3 through 8 will be tested in a Lab with necessary Demonstrations and Lab practices